Last Thursday evening, the 9th of July, officers were called to support ambulance staff at Byron’s Pool in Grantchester where 4 young males who had taken liquid LSD were found in varying states of distress and confusion. One was being physically restrained by a parent who had been called to the scene by worried friends. All four were in a very vulnerable state and they were taken to hospital for treatment. They have subsequently told us that they had bought the drug from a local dealer who had put the liquid LSD on sweets for each of them to eat.
This alert is to highlight the risks of taking LSD, which is potentially more potent in liquid form. Without the intervention of friends and family, and then the work of the emergency services, this situation could easily have ended in tragedy. It was clear that the perception of risk and reality of all four males was severely distorted by the drug.
The supplier has not been identified and we ask anyone with information to contact us so we can prevent further incidents of this nature. Anyone with information should call police on 101, or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111