As Operation Oaklands rolls into its final stage we’ve produced a video with some simple tips on how to keep your shed secure.
Link to video: http://youtu.be/9Kx-MDbAJn8
These are simple crime prevention measures that are very often over looked.
– Use a high quality padlock, and keep it locked!
– Install a simple shed alarm, we are selling units as we move round each village, and can also be bought from around £15 from a popular high street catalogue shop
– Install good quality hinges and internal bolts to add strength to your doors
– Keep tools locked away, they make excellent implements to help break into homes.
– Mark your property with either a permanent marker (this is a good deterrent), a UV pen, or for expensive items it’s worth considering buying smart water (a DNA coding system)
-Record serial and model numbers, we do recover large volumes of stolen items, but often have difficulty reuniting with owner.